Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gardening tips



Yesterday, I visited one of the ornamental gardens in Davao City to look for a variegated Ficus Benjamina Plant. I am a plant hobbyist and I collect different varieties of plant in my little space at the back of my house. I have noticed that the laborer of the garden establishment that I visited mixes its soil composition for their repotting activities. I asked and interviewed the person who made the composition. He taught me the whole procedure and gave me tips on making such garden soil medium. He said that everytime I'll make a garden soil composition for my plant, it should be porous and sandy to give roots an easy way to penetrate. He used rice hulls as breakers to make the sandy loam garden soil more soft and it acts like an anti- caking agent to the soil. He prepared 1 part of garden and 2 parts of rice hulls. There are many formulas that he taught me but this is the best formula among all.

No comments: